Saturday, June 2, 2007

In high school...


Hmm... since people ask, "What were you like in high school?"

Well, let's just say that my boyfriend said, "I saved you from your geekdom."

I think I followed in my sister's footsteps and I tried to be in all the clubs that she was in. My sis graduated high school in three years. I think she regrets it. I had long straight hair all the way down my back, I had a part in the middle, and usually I wore my hair back behind my ears. One day when I was in 9th or 10th grade, my mom bought me a thin, yellow, metal hairband that I liked to wear. I wore it so often that I started to get a bald spat where it rubbed. A girl in my biology class, Dawn, she liked to yank my hairband down and laugh about it. She was mean. Whenever someone from our table was absent, she would talk about them. She used to tease a girl named Jill, she said that people called her the "Breast within" not the beast within... and she said you know why. She had this annoying habit of trying to embarrass people.


I was in the math club, Spanish club, Leo Club, and NHS. I always felt like I had to be better than my sister. But in my eyes, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't.


I had a lot of fun in high school. I still keep in touch with my friends. In college, unless you dorm, I don't think you will make many close friends. My mom was really strict so she said no shorts, no short skirts. Therefore, I normally wore jeans, a t-shirt, and my New Balance. I had 53 different t-shirts and I prided myself on it. :) (snort, snort). I think ignorance is bliss...


My favorite story that I shared with my first periods about this subject on what I looked like in high school is the following: One day, I was walking home from school alone. There were two girls that were sitting on the wall giggling and watching me. I felt really self-conscious. I was wearing a little Holly Hobby looking dress which was red with long, puffy sleeves and it had a little pinafore, apron thing in the front which had a picture of a doll or something on the front. One of the giggling girls talked to me a few steps after I walked away. She said, "Scuse me... what are you being initiated for?" I was taken off guard. I didn't know what she was talking about, initiation for clubs was already over last week. "I'm not," I replied, "Initiation finished last week." After I walked away, the two girls were howling with laughter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey mrs. fukuda
hmm, i remeber when you talked about your 'favorite story' of the day you wore that dress ;p
one thing that i agree upon in this blog is that ignorance is a bliss.

Anonymous said...

hi ms.Fukuda.
its me, ally. again.
but i like this one because i can relate to it.
i have to older sisters and i always feel like i am being compared to them constantly.
and i always have to try and be better than them.
but i kind of gave up on that a while back.
and i am who i am.
im not my sisters.
so ya heres my comment.
talk to you later.
bye.
:)


ally k.