Thursday, May 24, 2007

Analyzing Dreams

Have you ever analyzed your dreams? If you type in Dream Dictionary, you will come up with a whole slew of interesting sites. Some of my favorite sites are Dream Central, Dream Mood, and Dream Lover. Click on Dream Dictionary and when you click on one of the alphabet letters, depending on what your dream was about, it will take you to it. For example, "F" for "feet."

I will tell you a strange one that I had last night. It could be because I am still sick. I dreamt that I was a baby seal and there was a larger seal that was protecting me like an uncle or daddy seal. We were both stuck on an island made of sand and there was one huge palm tree. All around us there was dark water everywhere. It was growing dark, night was approaching. We were both really hungry. I said no, but the daddy or male, uncle seal felt responsible and said he had to go into the Arctic ocean and find food for us. There were many scary creatures in there that we knew of and I didn't want to be left alone. I was scared. I kept making sad seal noises and doing 360 degree spins crying out for him, telling him to come back.

But he had gone and the strange thing was that all of this was not real, it was a simulation. It was sort of like how they have the criminal being interviewed and there is a one-way window where the other policemen can see the criminal? I was being watched. I was somehow brainwashed by magic or something into thinking that I was really a seal on an island. So in reality what the people on the other side was watching was me, in the shape of a seal making sad seal noises.

And the psychologists and other analysts were saying "Hmm... in the survival of the fittest world, she would never make it." Then they flashed the night light on me. And I panicked because I am afraid of the vast ocean because I can't swim and because of sharks and other scary inhabitants. But what was worse, I am also afraid of the dark and night. All the weirdos come out at night, so my mom always said.

So they kept doing the night simulation and flashing that dark light and I just kept panicking and wondering what to do. I thought "Oh, this is even scarier than the dark sea that surrounds me. Maybe I will lie down to sleep and hope for the best and then it will be morning and the male uncle seal will return." But I was too afraid to relax or fall asleep. And I kept making these pathetic seal sounds and being sad and forlorn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope youre feeling better!
& this is comment number two.
:)

Unknown said...

wow, a very intersesting dream

this is comment number two for me
-Ryan Nupen

Anonymous said...

Hey Ms. Fukuda,
This is my first comment, and chose to do this blog as my first because it really got my attention. Next year i`m going to take a class that analyzes dreams, and hopefully they`re not as crazy, and difficult to understand as yours! Happy to see that you`re feeling better!

Crystal C. [pd.1]