Saturday, May 26, 2007

What did you want to be when you were small?

I think that when I was pretty small, I wanted to be someone like my doctor. He saved my mom's life when she had a really bad case of food poisoning. Her husband, my former father did not take her to the hospital because he was busy golfing with his co-workers. She made it to the doctor by herself just in time.

He was actually my sister's and my doctor. Now he is my children's doctor. At that time when my mom needed help, he was there for her. My mom didn't know much English then and my doctor was a bilingual doctor from Japan. He is very smart and graduated from an American college in medicine.

:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wen i wuz small i wanted 2 be a fighter pilot cuz i wanted 2 blow things up and fly at high speeds. jus be up in da sky n be able 2 be free and soar through the clouds. i thought it wuz so cool 2 pilot. 2 be in control of someting so fast and powerful. i wanted 2 have dat power in my hands but then i had bad eye site so dat dream got shot down. its all good though becuz now i look bak on it n its not really a high paying job so da way i see it is i should be an entrepreneur and own all types of businesses n wen i m filthy rich i will by a plane. how does dat sound? it sounds lyk a plan to me. well cya in class caryn.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bob!

You do know that you can still be a pilot. Have you considered laser surgery to get 20/20 vision? I know a lot of people that went about it that way. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello again Ms. Fukuka! When i was small i wanted to be so many things. In 2nd grade i wanted to be a flight attendent because i liked the way the ladies gave out drinks and food to me, and i wanted to have a rollie bag and wear the uniform. Then in 4th grade i wanted to be the first woman president of the united states, i thought i was a real leader like that i could do things for the world. In 6th grade i started thinking i wanted to be the pilot of a plane. like commercial piloting or something. In 7th grade I went through this like 'tough girl' phase and i thought i could like beat up people (haha yeah right) but i wanted to be in the police or like some kind of secret service. Then in 8th grade we did like p.e. stuff with the younger grades, and i was the leader for the Kindergarteners, and ever since then i wanted to be a teacher. I enjoy working with little kids. As of right now, my mind is still set on being a teacher, but i've also gone through those pilot phases again. And i'm moving up at work pretty quickly, maybe i might get into the business field, i really dont know!!