Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Just like Rafaela at the window...here is my poem




Windows

There are many windows to my soul
some that are clear
full of beauty, hope, and love
others that are of smoked glass
with tethers and bars

If I were a butterfly, I would be free
nothing would hold me
I could do what I wished
go where I wanted
although life would be short
I would be happy

Instead I am encased in a body
that cannot escape these confines
I thought I did
but I am still a prisoner
of his manipulations
he is evil
a mastermind
a puppeteer

I seek counseling
so that I can remain solid
so I can soon face the biggest battle
of my life
they say to stand up and face your fears
so I am

I see the hurt he is causing
no longer towards me
just at my child
nothing but lies
manipulations
unfair tactics
he calls me names,
ones that I can't repeat
he spreads rumors
I am constantly in court

what is a window?
sometimes it is a pain
because through this pane
I can only see the beauty on the other side
and I long to breathe
my window is latticed
it is fettered
it is barred

my life should be free
so please God set me free

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey ms fukuda...
this story about the girl
was kind of sad...
well see you tomorrow...
ok byeee

--shawn a (4th period)

Anonymous said...

wow ms.liedtous this poem is beautiful, just like you


jusin g. period 1