Sunday, May 27, 2007

Here is one of my poems... just like Minerva who writes poems

tomorrow and tomorrow

I hear words
songs
voices in my head
I don't ever wish to be mislead

sometimes I wonder why
but then slowly it dawns on me
slowly like rain
softly like the wind
it blows down on me
wake up
look up
open your eyes
it's right in front of you
just embrace it
the love of your life will never happen

you had it once and it was perfect
but then when you looked too close
it started falling apart at the seams
I miss you
I miss us
but there is nothing else to do

every day I wonder
if I made a mistake
every day I wonder if I could take it all back
but I took the other path
the one most don't take
went down that winding road
and as Frost says 'way led to way'
and I am never to see my way back again
for better or for worse

I dreamt of you
the other night
you were so incredibly far away
so far away
not a stone's throw
and I missed us
but I couldn't cry
my voice melted in the wind

sometimes I wonder what I am doing with my life
my time
nothing really makes sense
I look too hard
it's like Monet
I look too hard and nothing is special
nothing is beautiful
like my life
all the colors bleed together

I wish that I could be beautiful again
have that self-confidence
and be whomever I want to be
turning into that pretty one across the street
imitating her smile
her sway
her confidence

or just be the happy one in someone's embrace
I just want to be
don't you understand?
I don't want to be another pretty face
I want to be yours
your doll face
yours
forever
to love and to hold

but it can never be
I miss you
I wish sometimes that we never met
then you would have just been a splash of paint
inconspicuous
part of a backdrop
washed away
hidden away with other crazy colors
blue
hues of gray

but then I know that my life wouldn't be what it is now
I miss you
don't you forget that...
and please don't wash me away
out of your life

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SUP MRS IM IN UR 2ND PD I REALY LIKE DIS POEM Y? BCUZ I CAN RELATE 2 DIS IN MY LIFE IN SOME WAYZ DIS POEM IS SAYIN TO DA READER N I HOPE U CAN PUT MORE (IF U CAN) SO I CAN VISIT UR SITE MORE OFTEN DURIN DA BREAK SO I CAN ADMIRE MORE OF UR POEMZ :) :) :)

Anonymous said...

i understand.